Public Sector Equality Duty
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Queensbury School is an inclusive school where we focus on the well-being and progress of every child and where all members of our community are of equal worth.
We believe that the Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
- To increase access to the curriculum for students with a disability, expanding the curriculum as necessary to ensure our students with a disability are as equally prepared for life as able-bodied students.
- To maintain and where required, to improve access to the physical environment of the school.
- To improve the delivery of information to students, staff, parents/carers and visitors with disabilities.
Please see our Equality Policy for more details